Saturday, May 23, 2009

And who is my neighbor?


I've done a lot of thinking lately about how I treat people. Not just how I talk to them or what I do for them but especially what I think about them and their "worth".
C.S. Lewis wrote "There are no ordinary people. You never met a mere mortal. Nations, cultures, arts, civilizations, these are mortal, and their life is to ours as the life of a gnat".
What does God say about their worth? They, whoever they are, were made in His image (Gen 1:27) and are worth more than anything else we can think of here on earth. Is that the way I see them?
I'm prone to snap judgments about people and unkind thoughts if not actions. I think this is perhaps the most major heart blemish that needs forgiveness, cleansing and conformity to Christ to begin seeing the world the way He sees it.
"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle" - Philo

No comments: